How to Draw This Thing?

I am still confuse. I can see clearly from the diagram that the top hole is D.50. So which hole is D.75? (see below)

cbore.png

Isn't the drawing should look like this?

cbore2.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• basty

• ReMark

• Cad64

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You wouldn't be confused if you paid attention to the image in post #59 by Cad64. He clearly shows it correct.

The machinist will drill a 1/2" diameter hole all the way through. Then he'll come back and counterbore a 3/4" diameter hole to a depth of 1/2" How you are not "seeing" this at this point in time seems a bit remarkable. "We have eyes yet see not..."

If I can see it, with one blind eye, surely you can. Try again. Go back and look at the image. Study it carefully.

Basty, I was a mechanical drafter and machinist for over 15 years and I know how to read mechanical drawings. I gave you a section view which correctly shows how these holes should be machined in the part. The fact that you're still confused, tells me that you don't understand basic drafting. I'm sorry but you need some classroom training. I would suggest you start looking around in your area for a school and get enrolled in a beginner's class.

I think you need to invest in taking a few courses at the local University or Tech School.

Basty, I was a mechanical drafter and machinist for over 15 years and I know how to read mechanical drawings. I gave you a section view which correctly shows how these holes should be machined in the part. The fact that you're still confused, tells me that you don't understand basic drafting. I'm sorry but you need some classroom training. I would suggest you start looking around in your area for a school and get enrolled in a beginner's class.

I think this is worth another mention. And I am not just talking drafting, a course or two in geometry and maybe reading comprehension as well.

How do you create dimension text like this (see below) where the diameter symbol located between (in the middle) .625 and .623 text?

dim.png

Edited by basty

Basty its about time you went to school and took a class. This has been hinted in your other posts.

Get a starting Autocad book. Look at Kindle, they are there and only a few dollars. Asking us continuously to teach you on-line is not the way to do it. I offer my time for free here. But not to teach online. In the real world just have to figure it out even with trial and error that's how I still learn at times after now close to 40 years of using Autocad.

Administrator it may be time to join this to the other posts.

How do I draw these arcs?

Use your knowledge of geometry and the information given in the diagram.

If you do not know the geometry, then that is beyond the remit of this forum.

There is nothing tricky (relatively).

I can't see your images at work, you should post them directly to CADTutor.

I would guess, this is what you want.

How do I do that? I change the dim style as you said but the entire dimensions are changing too.

You use different DimStyles or current DimStyle with Child Properties for Diameter, etc. or change them in properties.

You really need to take some classes.

To post Images to CADTutor, you can use the "Go Advanced" at the lower right of the Reply Box, then select "Manage Attachments" and Browse to the file on your computer and upload.

How do I do that? I change the dim style as you said but the entire dimensions are changing too.

If you only want to display tolerances for one or two dimensions another option, besides creating a separate dimension style, would be to use the overrides found on your Properties panel under the heading "Tolerances". We look... but we fail to see.

ToleranceOverride.jpg

If you only want to display tolerances for one or two dimensions another option, besides creating a separate dimension style, would be to use the overrides found on your Properties panel under the heading "Tolerances". We look... but we fail to see.

[ATTACH]63213[/ATTACH]

Sorry but my Properties palette menu is different from your AutoCAD as I was said in my earlier post. Can you tell me the alternative way such as using a command instead of using a Properties palette?

Fix your problem by doing a REPAIR of the installation. Or.....create a second dimension style specifically for those dimensions that will require tolerances.

I have told him several times that he needs to repair or reinstall Autocad. He ignores my advice and refuses to acknowledge or respond.

We have all told him several times that he needs to seek out books and classroom training. He ignores our advice and refuses to acknowledge or respond.

It seems that he's only interested in getting his questions answered, and apparently he has never heard of Google or Youtube because there's a mountain of information out there, if you just take a minute to search.

I'm done. Good luck and have fun. :)

I hear you Cad64. Not sure what the nature of the true problem is. It does become frustrating giving advice and seeing it continuously ignored.

I hear you Cad64. Not sure what the nature of the true problem is. It does become frustrating giving advice and seeing it continuously ignored.

It's like you said in one of his other threads:

You can lead a horse to water but you can't rip his lips off.