• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• basty

• ReMark

• Cad64

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does one slow down a printed document?

I think he wants a detailed step by step guide which explains how and where to draw each individual circle accompanied by commentary documenting how, where and why each circle was drawn. I'm sure eldon wouldn't mind spending a few hours putting something like that together, right? :D

Or, maybe basty should take the advice that has been mentioned several times and take some classes to learn about geometry, trigonometry and mechanical drafting. ;)

You have to give the OP points for being persistent (and thick-skinned). I'm taking bets even this results in more questions

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63233[/ATTACH]

I still don't understand. This is what I am be able to draw (see below pic). What to do next?

arc.PNG

Arc.dwg

Autocad is a 64 bit program, in decimal terms it will show dimensions up to 8 decimal places but it is way more accurate than that, when you find and fix the error in your drawing then you can move onto the next stage. But the first thing to learn is how to draw accurately, using the basic tools provided in the program.

I still don't understand. This is what I am be able to draw (see below pic). What to do next?

All the information you need is provided in the drawing. The fact that you're unable to figure out how to draw this is due to your obvious lack of training and understanding of what you're looking at. As I have mentioned numerous times, you need classroom training.

The center point for one of the R1.000 arcs is identified on the drawing. You even put the .400 dimension on your drawing but haven't drawn the circle. You are also given a maximum arc condition of 1.375. Knowing those two pieces of information, along with the .618 dimension, is all you need to draw the (3) R1.000 arcs. Once you have those drawn, all you have to do is use the TTR option of the Circle command to create the (2) R.500 arcs. Then Trim and Delete to clean up the drawing.

I created this in less than 5 minutes.

Untitled-1.jpg

All the information you need is provided in the drawing. The fact that you're unable to figure out how to draw this is due to your obvious lack of training and understanding of what you're looking at. As I have mentioned numerous times, you need classroom training.

The center point for one of the R1.000 arcs is identified on the drawing. You even put the .400 dimension on your drawing but haven't drawn the circle. You are also given a maximum arc condition of 1.375. Knowing those two pieces of information, along with the .618 dimension, is all you need to draw the (3) R1.000 arcs. Once you have those drawn, all you have to do is use the TTR option of the Circle command to create the (2) R.500 arcs. Then Trim and Delete to clean up the drawing.

I created this in less than 5 minutes.

What is "maximum arc condition"?

I know the center of the R1.000 is 0.400 but I don't know where the point of this arc is start and end (see below pic). Can you tell me how?

arc3.jpg

Edited by basty

What do you do next? Go back and reread post #80, 88, 92, 96 and 106 as each one of them explain in words and/or images exactly what to do. There really is no sense in repeating information ad infinitum.

What do you do next? Go back and reread post #80, 88, 92, 96 and 106 as each one of them explain in words and/or images exactly what to do. There really is no sense in repeating information ad infinitum.

None of those posts you mentioned above can make me understand and draw the arcs. See below pic for the work I done. Can somebody just tell me what is the next step?

arc4.PNG

Edited by basty

None of those posts you mentioned above can make me understand and draw the arcs. See below pic for the work I done. Can somebody just tell me what is the next step?

It has been explained to you several times, by several different people. The problem is that you don't have basic drafting knowledge or ability. We can't teach you how to be a drafter. You need to go to school in order to learn the skills necessary to do this type of work.

I had never before come across the term "Maximum Arc Condition". But looking at the diagram, it is apparent to me what it means.

This experience is what you lack, and I am unable to spoon-feed you further. This sort of terminology is used in real life, and you have to be able to understand it through further education, which is more than the scope of this forum, unless you meet a really, really nice person.

basty where are you in the world, maybe someone could point you towards a school or community college where you could learn these basics and at least someone there could physically point out what we are all showing you in words and pictures

Repeatedly asking us to provide information that has already been given in previous posts (ex. - #92, 96 and 106) is becoming annoying. Please stop. At this point it's best you stop trying to recreate this drawing and move on to something else. You can come back to it at a later date when you have more experience and/or training. Emphasis on training.

Sometimes stepping away from a problem and doing something else then returning at a later date will give one new perspective and insight as regards a solution.

Or, maybe basty should take the advice that has been mentioned several times and take some classes to learn about geometry, trigonometry and mechanical drafting. ;)

I do learned geometry and trigonometry but it was mathematically, not a drawing/drafting way. May you suggest me what geometry book so that I can be an expert in mechanical drawing?

It appears you need a refresher in the basic methods for drawing an arc or cirlce that satisfy different criteria. Chapter 4 in the following link should be helpful.

http://navybmr.com/study%20material/14069a/14069A_ch5.pdf

I suggest that you put the current task aside and do some of the following tasks to sharpen your geometric construction understanding. Try to construct a fillet between two straight line (4 potential solutions), between a line and a circle (up to 4 solutions as well), and between 2 circles (up to 8 potential solutions) without using the AutoCAD fillet command or TTR option to the circle command. Also try drawing a circle through 3 points by using the methods outline in the referenced link to find the center and radius of the circle.

Another tip I'd like to offer is a general problem solving strategy. When I get stumped by a problem and cannot see a solution I try to turn the problem upside down. An example of doing this for the problem you present is to change the question from "where is the tangent point of the circle" to "where is the center of the circle." This approach, coupled with the information in Ch 4.4.0 should help you find the center of the R 0.5 arc.

Good luck.

I do learned geometry and trigonometry but it was mathematically, not a drawing/drafting way.

That doesn't make any sense. What do you mean you learned geometry and trigonometry but it was mathematical, not drawing/drafting. There is no geometry or trigonometry for drawing/drafting. It's all mathematical.

Geometry is a branch of mathematics concerned with questions of shape, size, relative position of figures, and the properties of space.

Trigonometry is a branch of mathematics that studies relationships involving lengths and angles of triangles.

If you studied these subjects then you should be able to apply them towards drawing/designing/drafting of any object.

May you suggest me what geometry book so that I can be an expert in mechanical drawing?

If you want to be an expert in mechanical drawing then you Must Go To School, as I have said about a dozen times already. Not only do you need to re-learn geometry and trigonometry but you need to also learn basic drafting skills as well as general Autocad skills. You seem to be severely lacking in all of these areas and we cannot teach you these things here in the forum.

You need to stop asking us how to draw things, or what books to buy, and start looking for a good school in your area.