How to Draw This Thing?

How to draw this?

Vibrator_Arm.png

See the drawing of mine in attached ACAD file (it's not finish yet).

Is there something wrong with my drawing?

The R 0.81 make me confuse because it doesn't fit to the drawing.

Vibrator Arm.dwg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• basty

• ReMark

• Cad64

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rather than drawing a 2D isometric, I'd recommend 3D modeling the part and then creating an isometric view of it. You could use the model documentation tools to set up the view. Add the annotation in paper space using associated dimensions that have the isometric settings added to them.

It is not unusual that these types of drawing exercises have erroneous or missing information.

If you say so, why my drawing result is different from the problem (see below image)?

Vibbartor_Arm_2.png

Rather than drawing a 2D isometric, I'd recommend 3D modeling the part and then creating an isometric view of it. You could use the model documentation tools to set up the view. Add the annotation in paper space using associated dimensions that have the isometric settings added to them.

I am practicing my 2D drawing skill, 3D modeling is a lot easier than 2D drawing.

So, do anyone know where the mistake I made or the problem might slight error?

Vibrator Arm.dwg

I agree, 3D modeling is easier than 2D isometric drawing so why not use it? 2D isometric drawings are for software that can't handle 3D geometry. If you can 3D model it you should as it's faster and more accurate.

As far as fixing the existing 2D isometric goes, it looks like the isocircle diameter at the left end of the part is too big. If you reduce it to match the intended intersection it should fix the drawing.

Eldon is correct. See below.

I would also agree that 3D is much easier and faster, so why don't you use it to your advantage? Create the 3D model and then generate your isometric view from the model.

As I always say, use the right tool for the job and work smart, not hard.

Vibrator Arm.jpg

Edited by Cad64

If you look at the diagrams, it is apparent to me that the 1/2"R fillet at the bottom is tangential horizontally, but not vertically.

You were very observant. How did you notice that?

Eldon is correct. See below.

I would also agree that 3D is much easier and faster, so why don't you use it to your advantage? Create the 3D model and then generate your isometric view from the model.

As I always say, use the right tool for the job and work smart, not hard.

Cad64.png

Thank you guys for the clue and hint.

Vibrator_Arm_Corrected.png

Edited by basty

How do you create a dimension like the pic in post #1?

The lettering position look right than the AutoCAD.

Can AutoCAD do a letter position of dimension like the pic in post #1?

If yes, how to do that?

Yes, users can create proper looking isometric dimensions using AutoCAD. The topic has been covered here in the past. You can also find tutorials about isometric dimensioning online.

Edited by ReMark

Yes, users can proper looking isometric dimensions using AutoCAD. The topic has been covered here in the past. You can also find tutorials about isometric dimensioning online.

I found this tutorial:

AutoCAD: Placing your Dimensions and Text on the right angles for Isometric drawings

How do I open the "Text Style Dialog Box" as shown in above tutorial in ACAD2014? I am using AutoCAD Classic in ACAD2014.

ST is the Keyboard shortcut for Text Style, unless you have changed it.

You just posted 2 links showing you how. What else do you need to know? Show what you have so far or ask a particular question about what part of those 2 links you are not understanding.

ST is the Keyboard shortcut for Text Style, unless you have changed it.

You just posted 2 links showing you how. What else do you need to know? Show what you have so far or ask a particular question about what part of those 2 links you are not understanding.

As I already said, I can't do it right.

Please show me an example of how to create a dimension and text like this:

isodim.png

Maybe I can do it for the rest if someone show me one example here.

This is what I get after watching a tutorial:

isodim2.png

I use the DIMEDIT command as the tutorial said.

But the text does not look right.

Can someone please teach me how to modify the text so that it look like below?

isodim.png