Text of Dimension Doesn't Appear, Error Question.

basty

I opened your drawing and the dimension text was displayed. I did nothing to the drawing. The dim is 0.5000 in both directions. Next I created two new dimensions and they too displayed.

DimDisplay.JPG

Your dims appear in white. My dims appear in red.

By the way, your top dimension needs to be fixed. A good draftsman would never have his extension lines/arrows running through a dimension.

By the way, your top dimension needs to be fixed. A good draftsman would never have his extension lines/arrows running through a dimension.

That because I can't see the text.

Why the text of dimension in my AutoCAD doesn't show? How to fix this error?

I have no clue. Maybe your glasses fogged up. Since there was nothing I had to do to "fix" your drawing I can't tell you what is wrong at your end.

As a test start a new drawing and repeat your steps. Does the text show up?

As a test start a new drawing and repeat your steps. Does the text show up?

I already try this earlier (restart the AutoCAD) but the text still doesn't appear.

I thought the error appear because I close my AutoCAD using Windows Task Manager.

The only reason I can think of for text not to appear is that it's annotative. But I opened the drawing and checked. It's not.

Like ReMark, I could see the text. I don't know of any dimensioning parameter that would cause that behavior.

The text color is ByBlock. So are the dimension line and extension line colors. Therefore, if the text doesn't appear, the lines shouldn't appear either.

The only other thing I can suggest is to check the background color. If it's the same as the text's layer, it will be there but invisible. It's happened to all of us.

If that's not it, looks like you've stumped the band. Cold comfort, I guess.

If the background color was the same as that of the dimtext wouldn't the arrows and extension lines also "disappear"?

Maybe the OP should shutdown his computer completely, wait 20 seconds, reboot, open AutoCAD and run another test. What happens?

There are two different "white" colors in AutoCad. The dimension text could have a hard coded color (255) in the dim style editor which will not be overridden by the dim style color selection and will not show up on a white background, nor on paper or pdf. The default "white" will show up as opposite, either black or white, depending on the background. 255 will not.

If it is hard coded wouldn't those of us who opened the drawing see the same thing the OP is seeing?
Nope. Your background is not white, but since the OP is on my ignore list, I have no idea what color theirs is. I'm just pointing out one more reason why the white text might not show up. Throw in "Display Plot Style" and one gets a black modelspace and white paperspace further twisting the situation.

color.jpg

When I have the time I will test that theory. Thanks.
Not necessary. I just looked at the drawing. All the dim colors are set By Block, and the color is white (7). It should switch from black to white when needed. I am in the dark now too. I did notice one thing too. The dim General Properties color is set to By Layer, in this case "0", so that should transfer through to By Block for all the pieces parts.

Here's an "Odd". Even though there is no fill color in this dim style, when I moved the dim text in question outside of the extension lines, a "Fill Color" of some sort obliterated the text. At the time it was a black fill with a white modelspace background. I regen'ed and the weird fill color went away. Audit showed zippo issues.

I think that there are gremlins in basty's computer.

I opened the drawing and saw the dimension text, but when I copied it, the hozinrontal dimension changed position!

The paper space layouts were not set up, so that means the image was in model space.

Gremlin Dimension.PNG