scale problem

model space drawing is turned block and is scaled up,

while my layout scale is showing drawing in 1:1.

How to get modelspace drawing back to 1:1 scale?

anyone plese help,kindly find the attachment

01.jpg

02.jpg

Is there at least one object that you know the true size of? If so you should be able to scale the drawing correctly.

For future consideration. Actual .dwg files are better than image files. If the file size is too large to upload here you can use a file sharing website like DropBox then post a link to the file here.

In my work, I like to incorporate architectural drawings as xrefs. Either way, block or xref, you can define the X and Y scales in the Properties for the object. That will make your block actual size in model space, which is something that makes life easier for you.

Once you've done that, you can adjust the scale of your viewport. If your drawing doesn't have the scale you want, you'll have to edit your scale list.

Welcome to the forum. If this doesn't resolve your issue, please give us more information.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions,i have uploaded the file.You see the lift shaft wall,the thickness of the lift shaft wall is 200 mm for reference.

Nothing is attached, and for information the biggest known size usually produces the best results, so rather than the thickness of a wall you should look for the longest known wall length in a building. And when you have a known size use the scale command select everything in the drawing that needs scaling. When you start the command it will ask for a base point, pick one end of the object that you know the size of, then the next prompt from Autocad will ask you for a scale factor or a reference, pick the reference option, now pick the two endpoints of the object and after that input the new size just by typing the numbers and everything will be scaled accordingly. If you do something wrong you can always undo and try again, or you might decide that the base point should be somewhere else, you can still use the reference option of scale.

Reading post 1 again block is at scale so rescale 1/current scale of block then explode. 2nd clue layout is at 1:1 no its at a scale open the viewports tool bar click inside viewport a number will appear in the toolbar box, thats the scaling factor, 3rd if the viewport is 1:1 then they have scaled the title block to suit what a mess and probably use fit when plotting.

Agree with Steven-g use the overall length of the building to rescale.

Really do need a dwg to work it out.

Did anybody notice that the OP has multiple title blocks on 1 layout. This drawing is an unmitigated disaster. If I was the project manager for this building I would refuse to do anything until I could get a proper set of drawings from a qualified firm.

Did anybody notice that the OP has multiple title blocks on 1 layout. This drawing is an unmitigated disaster. If I was the project manager for this building I would refuse to do anything until I could get a proper set of drawings from a qualified firm.

Thats common practice, at least I see it regularly from Architects here. I'm not saying it's good practice but it is a standard way of working.

I have never received drawings from an Architect that only had one layout for a building with multiple title blocks. It just seems that the OP scaled the model space drawing to fit the layout. We don't know how many times he has scaled the model space drawing. I doubt the OP has any idea of the longest wall that he has in the drawing. This is a square one situation meaning start at square one, the accuracy of the drawing has been compromised. I would not want to be the person that has to layout the walls on this building from these drawings. There are some things you cannot recover from in AutoCAD this could be of them.

It's possible that the multiple plans are separate floors of the same building. The multiple title blocks, though, that's just wrong.

At least those are in model space I know of two architects/designers that place all the floor layouts in paperspace, in a single layout and scaled to fit the title block. That's from a few years back, I have no idea how they went about plotting for the project, I can only imagine they would drag the drawing about for each floor (I never did ask)

At least those are in model space I know of two architects/designers that place all the floor layouts in paperspace, in a single layout and scaled to fit the title block.

I can understand putting title blocks in model space along with the linework. In the early days, that was the only choice you had. But linework in paper space?? That's like putting a second engine in the trunk of your car and ignoring the engine the factory put under the hood to move your car around.