VLA Create Block Definition and Add Entity...

eimimitu

I seem to be stuck..

Combed through all the documentation plus google searches...

What am I missing?

Can't seem to add object to my block definition...

vl-load-com loaded

ActiveDocument loaded...

Acad-Object loaded...

(setq fax (vlax-ename->vla-object far)) ;returns #<VLA-OBJECT IAcadSolid 0000024d51846d98>
(setq blk (vla-get-Blocks doc)) ;returns #<VLA-OBJECT IAcadBlocks 0000024d3ecb3a38>
(setq fab (vla-Add blk fpa "_ClosedFilled")) ;returns #<VLA-OBJECT IAcadBlock 0000024d37310cf8>
(setq fax (vla-CopyObjects doc fax fab)) ;returns nothing!!!!????

Your thoughts?............

I followed your link BIGAL... all the way to Lee Mac's "AddObjectstoBlock" lisp.... I see similar syntax in his routine:

(vla-CopyObjects (ActiveDoc variable) (list of objects to add) (block reference name))

I still don't get why mine won't work... I'm thinking maybe I have either the entity variable or the block reference variable in an improper form... maybe i cannot add the single entity i get from "vlax-ename->vla-object x"... maybe it expects an selection set array... maybe it expects some other info before it can add the object.... i don't know...:?

Hi,

To avoid the safearray just use the vlax-invoke instead besides that you need to have your vla-object(s) as a list.

(vlax-invoke doc 'CopyObjects (list fax) fab)

oooh! wow... I spent the whole day spinning my wheels.. Thanks Tharwat... I'll try it out and report back....

funny thing is I tried this method as well but without list.. same nil..:oops:

So just to be clear though... the first method does require a safearray of objects? Also can a safearray contain a single object? just for future reference...:thumbsup:

Thank you both!

oooh! wow... I spent the whole day spinning my wheels.. Thanks Tharwat... I'll try it out and report back....

funny thing is I tried this method as well but without list.. same nil..:oops:

So just to be clear though... the first method does require a safearray of objects? Also can a safearray contain a single object? just for future reference...:thumbsup:

You are welcome. :)

Certainly, have a look at the following for your reference that contains a single object ( and not married one. :lol: ).

(setq safe (vlax-make-safearray vlax-vbObject '(0 . 0)))
(vlax-safearray-put-element safe 0 fax)

(vla-CopyObjects doc safe fab)

I always forget that the methods sometimes require safearrays...

Makes me think does a variant type of argument is required anywhere? So one would be forced to use vlax-make-variant function.

this is what I ended up with after reviewing some of the links provided:

(setq sav (vlax-ename->vla-object sar))
(vla-Rotate sav (setq spa (vlax-3d-point spo)) (- (dtr 180.0) (angle spo tpo)))
(vlax-invoke doc 'CopyObjects (list sav) (vla-Add (vla-get-Blocks doc) spa "_ClosedFilled"))
(vla-delete sav)
(setq sax (vla-InsertBlock (if (= (getvar 'tilemode) 1) (vla-get-ModelSpace doc) (vla-get-PaperSpace doc)) spa "_ClosedFilled" 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.0))

Thanks everyone for your input....

That change block name with DCL preview is pretty sweet