Publishing

Bill Tillman

I have limited experience with the PUBLISH command relying mostly on default settings. This morning I have 120 CAD files from and architect that I need to publish to PDF. Each CAD file has only the generic settings in the page setup. I need each of the 120 pages to use the same settings for page setup, size and plot style.

The first hurdle I face is that each CAD file contains a single layout tab titled "Sheet" so as I add all of them to the publish window I have to manually change the name of each one on the fly. Is there a way to speed this up?

I setup a new page layout and then select all the pages and assign this page layout to all of them. But this is rather laborious and I'm hoping there is a faster way to handle this. These files are from one of the large Architect firms who sgall remain anonymous, but I got to believe that they have some way of publishing all 120 sheets without so much manual setup each time.