Strange Lines in XREF

Bill Tillman

Can anyone tell me what all these lines in this drawing are. The file was provided to us by an Architect and my suspicions are it was done in Revit. We are using only LT here. So when I bring this in as an XREF there are all these lines. They don't keep me from working with the file but they are a nuisance if you know what I mean. This is a site plan of a very large property about 400 ft x 400 ft, it's a large hotel property.

And while I'm on it, is it possible to rid a CAD file that was created in Revit with all the extra whistles and bells saving it to a DXF file first and then reopening it in LT and have just a vanilla CAD file?

Screenshot.jpg

My guess would be borders of proxy items. If the PROXYSHOW sysvar is 2, you can set it to 0 and they'll disappear.

It's possible to save a Revit plan as vanilla AutoCAD, if the user is willing to do it for you.

Do you get any notifications when you open the file?

Can you click on those lines? If so, what does the Properties palette tell you?

Yes, there is the old proxy object window. The mystery lines are in the TEXT layer and I notice that when I select one of these lines a text object gets selected or when I delete one of the text object it takes one of the mystery rectangles with it.

You could try the simple wblock this can be a quick way to throw away a lot of stuff should be a command in LT.

Have you looked at down load proxy enabler it may be avaiable for LT ?

Revit doesn't produce anything like this from the export process as far as I know in all of my years using the program. It does a perfect job of "dumbing down" everything to basic 2D entities. If this was exported from Revit I'd like to know what these issues are.