block to stay centered while stretching

Ibanezboy21

Hi guys,

I'm trying to have the base point of this block centered so when i put this window in a room, i could change the size without readjust the window back to the center of the room?

i know i could have 2 stretch actions to stretch both sides but i want the full window opening size to be shown at the bottom while im stretching.

any ideas?

wintest.dwg

Change the basepoint of the distance parameter in properties to the center and then add another stretch action at the left hand end (and move the insert point to the center of the block)

If your happy with a manufacturers standard sizes then you can have a pop up of std sizes as part of the dynamic block rather than drag or enter width. Post if you want an example.

Change the basepoint of the distance parameter in properties to the center and then add another stretch action at the left hand end (and move the insert point to the center of the block)

Hi Steven,

if i put the stretch midpoint will it show only half the distance or the full opening dimension which i am after?

Not sure about that dynamic bolt block because I don't believe it is setup to work with a midpoint stretch...

Anyways, please take a look at the posted block and you'll see that I used a parameter set with 2 stretches. I placed the midpoint at 0,0 for simplicity. Don't forget to change the parameter properties to stretch from midpoint.

Thanks.

wintest.dwg

Hi Steven,

if i put the stretch midpoint will it show only half the distance or the full opening dimension which i am after?

If you had bothered to try it you would see. I did try it so I know what it does.

Not sure about that dynamic bolt block because I don't believe it is setup to work with a midpoint stretch...

Anyways, please take a look at the posted block and you'll see that I used a parameter set with 2 stretches. I placed the midpoint at 0,0 for simplicity. Don't forget to change the parameter properties to stretch from midpoint.

Thanks.

[ATTACH]63345[/ATTACH]

oh its that simple, thanks for posting an example.

Seems like I've been doing it the wrong way all along....

If you had bothered to try it you would see. I did try it so I know what it does.

Sorry Steven i did try it in the past but i think i was doing it incorrectly (using 1 grip for distance parameter instead of 2)

i've learnt to make blocks using youtube videos so im still learning everday

hey guys,

so i've changed the stretch parameter and it works fine, except i have no idea why the insertion point is to the side of the block.

I've tested the block inside block editor and it works fine but once i exit it, the base point is to the side.

any idea whats wrong with it?

testwin.dwg

hey guys,

so i've changed the stretch parameter and it works fine, except i have no idea why the insertion point is to the side of the block.

I've tested the block inside block editor and it works fine but once i exit it, the base point is to the side.

any idea whats wrong with it?

Because that is where you placed your basepoint object.

Because that is where you placed your basepoint object.

Hi Iconeo,

so how do i fix it? sorry for sounding dumb, i am very new to this

Personally, I would add insert points (move grips or points) at the ends and midpoints of the windows and remove the basepoint object altogether.