• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danHook

• ReMark

• f700es

• steven-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regular lines work just as fine (since you only need the 2 sloped side lines to make a single roof pitch with LOFT).

I use 3D on a montly basis, but the LOFT command was not know by me. This thread made me aware (used extrude 99/100 times), and opens up a world of new possibilities :).

Well you can tell the Loft to be a solid in the mode options (2018). I would honestly use something else for this task, maybe something like BricsCAD Shape. It reads/writes DWG files. Might be worth a shot and it only costs you some time as it is free.

I would use SketchUp myself. If you have a full copy of AutoCAD you can install AutoDesk's free SKP import utility and make your model in SketchUp Make 2017 and then import the SKP into AutoCAD. Now the model will be surfaces and NOT a 3D solid, if that makes a difference.

f700es: I'm not sure I agree with you. If you were to loft two lines, even with the mode option set to solid, the result would still be a surface.

Already did before I posted....... not lines but shapes. Perhaps that's the difference then.

Edit:

Perhaps that's my error in my approach to this. I would not use lines but shapes to construct the roof as I would try to solve this in a non AutoCAD way. :unsure:

My $0.05 PFACE ! can have as many points a you like it makes a planar surface so hide, render etc will recognise it. Very suitable for roofs with valleys etc. The code is copyrighted.

ScreenShot111.jpg