Showing polyline direction

I need to be able to see the direction of a polyline. I've tried the dirarrow.lsp that comes with Map 3d - works but is only temporary. I've seen other lisp that will insert blocks along the pline, but that's no good if you alter the pline.

The best solution is a custom linetype with embedded ">" character - if it would only work properly. The issue is that the linetype only follows the polyline direction on straight segments, on arc segments it seems to depend on the arc direction (CW or CCW) regardless of the pline direction.

I've attached a .dwg and a small screenshot. If you grip-edit one of the plines with arcs, you can see the "direction" change as the arc changes from CW to CCW or vice versa.

parcel.dwg

parcel.jpg

Ah, not so curious. I thought that plinegen was just a global system variable, but now I see it is also an entity property. Problem solved! Thanks for the tip.

• 3 months later...

I like eldon's idea, in the past exploded the pline pick the 1st section reversed if required then rejoined this made arrows go in correct direction.