Save a DXF file

Neville Jukes

You can use the SAVEAS command or the DXFOUT command. Both commands will open the "Save Drawing As" window. At the bottom of the window, open the "Files of Type" list box and choose the .dxf format you want to save to.

Thanks Cad64

However the drawing is reasonably large and I want to save individual details in DXF.

Do I have to duplicate (ie Saveas) the whole drawing then delete everything that I don't require for each detail?

That seems like a lot of work.

Regards,

Neville

No, you don't have to save out a bunch of drawings and delete everything from each drawing.

When you run the DXFOUT command for the first time, and the "Save Drawing As" window opens, go to the upper right corner of the window and click the "Tools" button, then choose "Options". When the "Options" window opens, click the "DXF Options" tab and put a check in the box that says "Select Objects". Then click Ok to exit the "Options" window. Then choose where you want to save the dxf file, type in a file name and click the Save button. When the "Save Drawing As" window closes you will be able to select the objects you want to save out to the dxf file.

Thanks mate, I will give it a go tomorrow.

Regards,

Neville

I am guessing that you won't want to make it your default SAVE filetype, but should you want to, you can do that in OPTIONS, on the OPEN & SAVE tab.

If you choose one of the numerous .dfx file types in that dropdown list, whenever you use the SAVE command, whatever you are working on will be Saved As a .dfx.

SAVE as default file type.JPG