LISP to draw Polyline or 3D Pline from COGO Points

nrt1111

I am after a LISP to draw a polyline between selected COGO points.

The attached (JohnM - 2009) does something very similar to what i am trying to achieve using normal autocad points.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pline.lsp

That's a protected lisp un protected as a start.

Ignoring that joining points is not a problem, but you have not provided any info about what type of points, acad point, Cogo point and if so how to make the list of points by number etc ?

Bigal,

So my process is:

1) import points from a csv file

2) Points are put on layers using description keys

3) I then go through and join COGO points (that have a number suffix) using the code - order will be the point number (which should be the same as the order of creation into cad)

so all COGO points with the same code are joined by a polyline that is put on the layer of the COGO point.

The points are used to create a surface and some of the lines are used as breaklines.

Ok start with the link posted next line, what you want is known as stringing joining points automatically and its built in to CIV3D. Now I dont use it we use a 3rd party program. So my tutorial help stops now.

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesCUG/GUID-46CA2DE7-8889-42CC-AC13-1DCC9A2DA773.htm,topicNumber=CUGd30e52510

Then go to the help on "Linework code set"

• 5 years later...