AutoCAD 2016 - Extend Command Issue

Taffu

My co-workers and I have recently updated to 2016 from 2014, and we are stumped on this issue, unable to find an answer.

The problem is with the Extend command. For reference, the UCS is set to View. I am attempting to extend along the Y axis. Edgemode is set to 1. When attempting to extend down, in the direction of negative Y axis, all selection methods work. This means I can cross select or fence across multiple entities and they will extend as expected.

rAlwqGd.png

However, when attempting to extend in the opposite direction (up or positive along Y axis), I can only select single entities. No 'Multiple' selection methods work.

nLQL4cS.png

Z0WFrzC.png

I cannot seem to find a setting or variable that would control this, and I'm wondering if this is a bug or quirk that has been noted but there is no correction for. I'm hoping there is, however, as this is an obnoxious bug that creates issues in our line of work because of the frequency we use the command with the selection of multiple (sometimes hundreds) of entities.

The only thing I know that could cause this behavior is where you pick the item to extend. The pick point has to be on the proper side of the midpoint, i.e. closer to the target. Just eliminating the obvious. Someone will be along shortly with a better answer.