Inserting Insulation

Caddis

I have tried inserting insulation using a batting line type but it looks continuous and I am not sure what I have done wrong and how to get it to partially fill a cavity wall.

Can anyone explain what I need to do I am new to Autocad LT 2017 and normally used vectorworks.

Hatch patterns will act differently depending on whether you "Picked points" or "Selected objects". Attach a copy of the drawing to your next post and someone here will take a look at it. An image file won't do.

I specified a DWG file. Would you like to try again?

This is what I was able to create. The linetype is Batting. The width of my wall is 40mm. The linetype scale is 1.9 not the default of 1.

Metric Batting Linetype.jpg

See if this is more to your liking. Saved in 2010 file format so you should have no trouble opening it.

112 Proposed Plan ReMarked.dwg

Your original drawing has some problems. One of them is that your linetype scale to 635. The default in a new drawing is usually 1. Consider that one small fact for a moment. If you open your original drawing and immediately start drawing a line on the Insulation layer it will appear as batting except it will be huge in comparison to the house itself.

Some of your lines have a Z elevation other than "0".

Some of your corners are not squared off they're radiused.

Edited by ReMark

Mark,

Thank you for your patience.

I was surprised by what you told me about my drawing. I think the reason for not being able to scale the line type was because I imported a Vectorworks drawing into Autocad.

I tried inserting insulation on a purely Autocad drawing and it worked.

Many thanks,

Caroline

You can have different insulation types I use lisp and draw plines, but as you have LT google for "insulation linetypes Autocad" I am sure you will find some. You can modify linetypes and make new ones.

• 3 months later...

Just make a dynamic block does the job (have attached one example for you), & if you need different version just make another block using visibility states in the block editor...(could be tricky if your not used to using) only limitations going around corners butt up :)

One inserted & the size is chosen just explode to stretch, if another size is needed just reinsert (this time from the drawing) again chose size & the explode as before.

If this doesn't work for you stick with the batting line type as per ReMark posts.

& should you ever get full Autocad here is a .LSP for Batting.

NEW INSULATION.dwg

BATT.rar

Edited by KiLLiNG-TiME