how can I get rid of ribbon

peterg

Ribbonclose will get rid of the ribbon ("ribbon" to bring it back)

menubar = 1 to give you back the menu

and then find the toolbars you want from the tools section of the menu

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-03F19B49-1DBA-4A99-8DD0-1A63E1E8693C-htm.html

• Like 1

A quick one type "-toolbars show modify" this opens a toolbar you can open more by clicking on toolbar top left and right button on mouse. Why a new install has none displayed ???

I used to go through this every time the new version came out. I hated that ribbon and it seemed Autodesk would make it harder to change back to classic each time.

Eventually I decided I should get used to it and started to use it, now I actually quite like it.

I used to go through this every time the new version came out. I hated that ribbon and it seemed Autodesk would make it harder to change back to classic each time.

Eventually I decided I should get used to it and started to use it, now I actually quite like it.

Haven't had the old drop-down menus or toolbars displayed since they added full support for the Ribbon in Civil 3D 2011. Customization is trickier now than it was with the old mnu files, but worth the wow in functionality.