Recurring part numbers in parts list

blprice

Hello all.

I am working with a multi-level assembly. To get the correct part and sub-assembly quantities, I am using a Structured (Legacy) parts list with my Main Assembly BOM Structure set as Phantom.

This has worked well. But, I've noticed instances of part numbers showing up more than once in my parts list. I understand WHY it is happening... multiple assemblies with identical parts, but different configurations (think mirrored images).

I can take away the recurrence of the part numbers by selecting the parent assemblies - for these parts - in the parts list and turning the visibility OFF. That will give me the correct total quantity. BUT, doing this will take away all instances of the parent part in the parts list on other pages where it is necessary.

I can work around this by adding the info for the parent assemblies into the parts list as custom parts. But, I don't want to make any custom parts or manual overrides unless absolutely necessary.

Is there any other remedy for this?

Thanks.