Lisp to display bearing and distance between two points

surveyscad2018

Hi

I have written a Lisp routine (shown below) that measures the distance between two points, and applies a scale factor that is written within the lisp, and displays it within the command line. Although the lisp functions, it may not be the 'cleanest'. I was wondering if it was possible to add a function to the lisp that in addition to displaying the newly calculated distance, will display a bearing. ideally, the bearing displayed would be written in a Degrees Minutes Seconds format, and not directional bearings (Ex. N73°25'45"W would be displayed as 286°34'15"). In the language of the lisp I have written, from 'x1', North is 0°, and the angle is turned clockwise from north, to a line drawn between 'x1' and 'x2'. Any help would be great. If anyone has a lisp that already does this, or can amend my lisp to do it, that would be perfect.

Thanks

Ahmed

;Use this command to measure the distance between two points while applying a Combined Scale Factor
;Be sure to copy this lisp to your job folder, and set your CSF as required. Do not change CSF outside of job folder.
;Ahmed F. 2017
(defun c:DM ()
(setq TD 0)
(setq x1 (getpoint "\nSelect First Point: "))
(setq x2 (getpoint x1 "\nSelect Second Point: "))
(prompt
(strcat
(rtos (distance x1 x2))
(rtos (setq TD (+ TD (/(distance x1 x2) 0.999848))))
)
)
(prompt (strcat "\nTotal Distance = " (rtos TD)))
(princ)
)

thanks again.

Edited by SLW210
Added Code Tags!

Hi ideally, the bearing displayed would be written in a Degrees Minutes Seconds format, and not directional bearings (Ex. N73°25'45"W would be displayed as 286°34'15"..

try this

(hp:deg->dms (angle x1 x2))

old thread

Try this

(SETVAR "ANGBASE" (/ pi 2))
(SETVAR "ANGDIR" 1)
(SETVAR "AUNITS" 0)
(while (setq pt1 (getpoint "pt1"))
(setq pt2 (getpoint "pt2"))
(princ "\n")
(princ (angtos (angle pt1 pt2) 1 ))
(princ "\n")
)

Edited by BIGAL

Hi

I have written a Lisp routine (shown below) that measures the distance between two points, and applies a scale factor that is written within the lisp, and displays it within the command line. Although the lisp functions, it may not be the 'cleanest'. I was wondering if it was possible to add a function to the lisp that in addition to displaying the newly calculated distance, will display a bearing. ideally, the bearing displayed would be written in a Degrees Minutes Seconds format, and not directional bearings (Ex. N73°25'45"W would be displayed as 286°34'15"). In the language of the lisp I have written, from 'x1', North is 0°, and the angle is turned clockwise from north, to a line drawn between 'x1' and 'x2'. Any help would be great. If anyone has a lisp that already does this, or can amend my lisp to do it, that would be perfect.

Thanks

Ahmed

;Use this command to measure the distance between two points while applying a Combined Scale Factor

;Be sure to copy this lisp to your job folder, and set your CSF as required. Do not change CSF outside of job folder.

;Ahmed F. 2017

(defun c:DM ()

(setq TD 0)

(setq x1 (getpoint "\nSelect First Point: "))

(setq x2 (getpoint x1 "\nSelect Second Point: "))

(prompt

(strcat

(rtos (distance x1 x2))

(rtos (setq TD (+ TD (/(distance x1 x2) 0.999848))))

)

)

(prompt (strcat "\nTotal Distance = " (rtos TD)))

(princ)

)

thanks again.

you can get this lisp from microsurvey