mpopple6

Good Afternoon,

I am working on an issue at my company and I hope I can get some help.

I work at a metal panel company and I was hoping that I could insert a table that will update due to panel dimensions. What I would really like to see is a table that can give me Length and Width as well as the bends associated with the panel for fastening. What would be amazing is if I could get that table to give me the aforementioned information as well as being able to account for "corner panels", etc. since that is counted as one panel in this instance.

Can this all be connected to a panel number?

Please let me know if this is unclear.

Thank you so much!

You can have fields in a table ie length width and formulas so its all doable, its not something I have done.

An example, draw a line, make a table pick a cell, Mtext box appears pick the field icon, 1st pull scroll to objects then pick object, object type is waiting pick the liitle icon with cross hairs then pick object, the line we just drew, pick length and cell should show length.

Its the sort of thing you would do with a lisp ask questions draw it and just add to a table.

Screen Shot 03-01-18 at 12.50 PM.PNG

You could make a couple of 'super blocks' with all a panel and table already connected so that you could just copy and paste the block in each time...but then I guess if you wanted a collated table this wouldn't work so well.

iconeo that was my suggestion using a dynamic block would be a better way just link all the steps using a lisp. In a simplified form you could populate a table with the attributes of a block this would have stuff like length & width.

iconeo that was my suggestion using a dynamic block would be a better way just link all the steps using a lisp. In a simplified form you could populate a table with the attributes of a block this would have stuff like length & width.

Ah I wasn't sure if you meant a block for the panel and then a separate table. Anyways, beat me to it.