can not dimension 3d model

jim78b

i use a little autocad 3d and i ask why in a 3d model i can not dimension some points like in the figure! i pute the view in 2d and then i try to dimension but autocad don't give me the right osnap points.

the black line is that i want to dimension but nothing. i think because they are curved models?

Immagine.jpg

3d.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jim78b

• ReMark

• SEANT

• odachek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please upload and attach a copy of the drawing in question. My guess is you are trying to dimension geometry that can't be identified in your 3D model by AutoCAD.

STUB 1 SA1-SC7 45°.dwg

Please upload and attach a copy of the drawing in question. My guess is you are trying to dimension geometry that can't be identified in your 3D model by AutoCAD.

i upload my drawing you can try to view from top and dimension

What exactly are you trying to dimension and why is it important?

see in my figure on top. the black line.i sign it with 2 arrows

ok thanks remark, it was i suppose autocad can not dimension what i think. the only way is flatten command and dimension what i need

i thought that autocad can dimension what i see

If you use the 3DORBIT command and take a look at your model you'll see why you are having a problem getting AutoCAD to dimension the area you have indicated.

My thought is that you are trying to get AutoCAD to use a point on the curved surface of the cyan colored solid to create your dimension. AutoCAD doesn't appear to recognize what you are attempting to pick and instead picks the nearest true geometry it can distinguish.

Use some construction geometry - in this case a Section - then snap from Quad to Quad.[ATTACH]63422[/ATTACH]

if i in your file i use 3dorbit or orbit all the drawing disappear.

ok i recover the dwg, but how did you dimension?

all right i have already of default quadrant but now i see to set ucs as current view i able to dimension that segment , however thanks a lot for you time to give me,.

I'm not 100% sure that is exactly what the OP wants to dimension. Could be wrong though.

Yes i start this post to know if it was the right method to dimensioni with 3d model .thanks

I don't think you know what I was referring to. Go back and look at SEANT"s drawing. Did he in fact dimension the 3D model where you wanted it or not? Yes/No?

I don't think you know what I was referring to. Go back and look at SEANT"s drawing. Did he in fact dimension the 3D model where you wanted it or not? Yes/No?

ok i look the seant's model.yes the dimension is correct

• 4 months later...