Windows 10 Transfer to USB Slow

bennyboy86

hi team,

i have a new computer and have noticed its slow as **** copy files to a usb stick.

windows 10 64 Bit........

basic flash drive.....

trying to find new answers as everything online is 4 years old or more and those setting dont exist or just dont work....

any ideas please.....

New computer? Most likely it supports USB 3.0 while it could be your flash drive supports USB 2.0 which means transfers will be slower.

Do you have your USB set for quick removal or performance? What is the actual transfer rate?

What specifically have you tried?

What is the new computer specifications, etc.?

hey fellas,

ok computer is compatible with usb 2 and 3, the flash drives in question are the same can be used as both. tried plugging into the usb 2 and 3 ports but having same issue.

i think i have it set for performance as that was one of the steps to 'fixing' it. transfer rates dont get over 10mbps.

computer specs in attached pic.

this is all i could find for fixes:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/copy-speed-very-slow-in-windows-10/950c8f96-d9de-41e2-8d35-977944eb5c01

https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/70210-slow-data-copy-paste-speeds-windows-10-a.html

its a brand new computer on got it built in December last year.

any ideas for me to try would be appreciated.

computer specs.jpg

What is the computer model and motherboard? As ReMark suggested, try another stick or better yet a different/better brand/quality, I have heard that some of the 3.0 USBs are not getting good rates with cheaper 3.0 sticks. If that's not it, I would guess it's a driver or motherboard/usb issue.

Are you positive the ports are running at 3.0? I believe there is a setting in the BIOS.