Decimal Places in Property Dialog Box

naveb

Looking for a way to change the precision in the properties dialog box. To be more specific, When I select an item (such as a line) in the drawing window, the properties window shows the information, but shows the length of the line as 8.0 instead of 8.333. I tried changing Units, but that appears not to be the answer I'm looking for.

units or -dwgunits which offers more choices but watch the prompts on the command line as it is not a dialogue command

Thanks for replying steven-g, I guess I should have been a little more specific. I want the precision to be to, at least 2 decimal places, when i select a subassembly.

If I understand your question, you want to change the precision of a value in the Properties window. Unfortunately, the units setting is global, that is, you can't change one type of thing, you have to change everything.

It's possible that you've overlooked the Precision setting, which is underneath the Units setting. Precision is what controls the number of decimal places. If that doesn't take care of your issue, give us more information.

Welcome to the Forum!

Since your profile says you're using Civil 3D and you're talking about subassemblies, this issue may be specific to Civil 3D.

I have moved your question to the Civil 3D section here: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?57-Civil-3D-amp-LDD

For best results, always post your questions in the relevant section of the forum that pertains to the program you're using.