***Help on removing text style***

notredave

Good morning all,

I have a dilemma that is driving me crazy. I have over 150 drawings that have "standard" text style that our client doesn't use. Client uses "simplex" and "complex" only. I have to purge/delete standard or it won't pass cad verification program. I have used txtmrg and stripmtext lisp routines to try and fix it but the darn "standard" will not go away! I am attaching the drawing and if someone can come up with a fix, it sure would make me happy! I have also wblock entire drawing and that didn't work also.

Thank you very much in advance,

Dave

Standard text style.dwg

I was always under the impression the default STANDARD text style could not be deleted from a drawing. And even if one was able to do so it would only mysteriously reappear somewhere down the road.

ReMark, after you replied, I googled what you said and you are correct, you can't delete "standard". The problem was "standard" was set with "arial" font. I changed it to "simplex" and all is good now. I do not require any more answers. Thank you and SLW210 for replying so quickly!

I was always under the impression the default STANDARD text style could not be deleted from a drawing.

It's true, for the same reason you can't delete layer 0 or the World UCS. There has to be a default.