zoom function is not working during the other command is on

wimal

By "zoom function" do you mean the mouse wheel, the typed-in ZOOM command, the button, the ribbon, or some other method?

Sometimes that happens when the drawing has not been able to regen the part of modelspace you are trying to zoom to.

It happens to me sometimes when I have selected something to copy or move from one far end of modelspace to the other far end, or while drawing a fairly long line.

When I try to zoom way out to take the object way over there quickly, then the display flatly refuses to zoom out very much at all. forcing me to either exit the command, or pan (hold down mouse wheel), a little at a time to get to the other end of the drawing, It will not regen during a command, so exit the command, REGEN, then start over.

Yes it is a pain, but it is the way it is.

Sometimes that happens when the drawing has not been able to regen the part of modelspace you are trying to zoom to.

It happens to me sometimes when I have selected something to copy or move from one far end of modelspace to the other far end, or while drawing a fairly long line.

When I try to zoom way out to take the object way over there quickly, then the display flatly refuses to zoom out very much at all. forcing me to either exit the command, or pan (hold down mouse wheel), a little at a time to get to the other end of the drawing, It will not regen during a command, so exit the command, REGEN, then start over.

Thanks it is the truth.

Hey Dana, I see that you are using 2018.

I thought that I read somewhere that newer versions regenerated automatically, without that age old annoyance.

Sounds like it still won't help you out though, if you are mid-command?

Hey Dana, I see that you are using 2018.

I thought that I read somewhere that newer versions regenerated automatically, without that age old annoyance.

Sounds like it still won't help you out though, if you are mid-command?

Nope, it apparently will not regen inside of a command. But the dinged thing will Autosave for 10 seconds or more in the middle of a move or copy just when you are already the most impatient.:shock: