Revit model- Door frames not appearing in plan view.

Dipali

I have restarted my Revit training in this week.

on a second day, I discovered that when you start adding doors to model, the frame of door is only visible in elevation and not in plan view, and my tutor says that, it has been like this always. I want the frames to be visible in plan also, otherwise when I will want to extract 2d plan and dimension it, it will give me, dimension of door leaf and not the opening size, which is the norm.

please provide suggestions

The visibility of the objects have to be turned on in the family. If you are using the generic doors in Revit, they may not have frames. They have trim, but not frames. See attached.attachment.php?attachmentid=63506&cid=1&stc=1

Capture.PNG

OK i found the editor and tried the option above, but then when i am trying to save, it says that file is read only.

how do i save it?

also one more thing, since i am using modified size of generic door, i can see that there is no frame as you mentioned. so if i want the door block to have frame, what do i do?

• 2 months later...

If its read only, save it in a different location instead.

For the Door Frame, you must need to create a Frame Profile first and load it into the Door Family that you're working on.

Go to Elevation > Exterior and create a sweep by clicking Create > Sweep.

Sketch the path for the sweep and select the door frame profile in the pull down.

make sure to lock the sweep into its reference planes

Ok, I will try as son I get the time.as I want to learn it in this year.

I haven't been able to continue the model then after. Just got stuck with other proprieties.