Surface and Name polyline of text

Where i'm from, When creating topographic maps we are required to include a text inside the drawing that describes the property we are drafting. So for example if there is a square, it is desbribed by its corners (A,B,C,D) and its surface eg Surface = 200sq.m.

Is there someway from inside autocad that dynamically links this information to the text so when something is changed the text is updated?

So if i move a corner and the surface now becomes 220sq.m. it should update on its own so as to premptive a nasty omission

Also i need to define said shape, so it also got control of its corner, and i f i add a vertex it should now say A,B,C,D,E

Can someone help me with this

Re: area displayed as text automatically. My first thought would be to use something like Lee Mac's Areas to Field lisp routine.

http://lee-mac.com/areastofield.html

Can't help you with the second part of your question.

Thanks thats a nice start got 2 questions though.

-If something changes got to hit regen for text to update. Is there a way for this to happen automatically in case i forget to regen in which case the text remains the same

-How can i add this inside an existing mtext? Lets say i have an mtext sentence, in which i write "The surface of the hereby plost eaquals to [here goes field reference] sq.m."

Yes this worked, but i still need to regen each time i change the polyline shape. Is there a way for changes to happen automatically and the fields to be updated in case i forget to regen

You would need some form of reactor not my area of expertise. Some one else may suggest something, in mean time RE or make a key do RE like on F12 or an icon on a toolbar.