Issue with DIMLINE Style when in diffrent 3D shading modes

Hi guys,

Working in 3D with viewport set to front view. Autocad 2018.

I have a dimension style setup the way I would like it to appear (solid black text with dashed lines). The problem is when I switch between the view styles (see images attached) the style or look of the dimension line also changes.

There are no issues with annotative text, lines etc. The style of the line simply adapts to whatever view style is set.

I want to use the conceptual view style but with my originally set up DIMSTYLE. How can I do that?

My only thought at this moment is to apply dims outside viewport in paper space and override the dimension? Which will be a pain.

Any ideas?

Thank you all,

conceptional.jpg

wireframe.jpg

What you are seeing is not unusual. The dashed lines will appear continuous when viewed using a Conceptual visual style. Apply the dimensions in your layout and just make sure they are associative (NOT the same as annotative) and you should get the desired results.

Thanks ReMark,

I did find it difficult to apply associative dims in paper space to my 3D model for some reason. The dim would show paperspace dims say 45mm instead of 2400mm.

Will try again later on and report back if I have any further issues.

Thanks

Are you sure the dimensions are associative? The more complex the geometry the more difficult I imagine it is for AutoCAD to know exactly what it is you want to dimension.