Delete Text objects throughout drawing consisting of a specific string.

pateksan

Hello,

I've had a great response to my first post here so I hope I will find some understanding this time too.

My drawing has 66 layouts created from an incorrect template, and each has lots of Text objects I need to delete.

As before, I have very limited time for troubleshooting, so I'm hoping someone can help out.

Based on several other threads, which all had some aspect similar to what I need, I came to this one-liner:

(entdel (car (sssetfirst nil (ssget "_X" '((1 . "TQ00E"))))))

which produces

error : bad argument type <NIL> ; expected ENTITYNAME at [entdel]

I am hoping this is because sssetfirst returns multiple entities and entdel needs one at a time - if that is the case, I know what's wrong, and just don't have the time to learn how to make a loop.

If it helps, the Text objects contain specific, known strings like TQ00E above - there is nothing else in an individual Text entity.

I am resigned to replacing all these texts with spaces using Find and replace, but that's bad practice so I'm hoping someone can correct my code. Naturally I don't mind if I get dirty, non-optimal multi-line code.

Thanks in advance!

probably something like
 (if (setq ss (ssget "x" '((1 . "TQ00E"))))(command "erase" ss "")) 

What a beauty. Have a good weekend!

Your welcome. If you change "TQ00E" to "TQ00E," (with the comma) you delete empty texts at the same time.

Have a good weekend too.

gr. Rlx

Ok, I got a bit carried away, this code only works on the current layout, and I was hoping I could remove all copies of the particular Text object on all layouts. Is this easily doable?

Ok, I got a bit carried away, this code only works on the current layout, and I was hoping I could remove all copies of the particular Text object on all layouts. Is this easily doable?

(vl-load-com)
(defun del-txt ()
 (if (ssget "_x" '((0 . "text")(1 . "TQ00E")))
   (vlax-for n (vla-get-activeselectionset (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))
     (vla-delete n)))(princ))

gr. Rlx

Hi, I needed to pass the drawing on so I Replaced All the relevant strings with a space. I know it's not pretty but it's not my fault I inherited a drawing with a questionable template. It's just a shame Bricscad Quick Select only works for one layout at a time. I will definitely look into this VL business though as it keeps coming up when I google my LISP problems. Thank you once again.

pateksan here is an example of stepping through layout tabs, normally I check for /= "model" also

(setq doc (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))
(vlax-for lay (vla-get-Layouts doc)
(setvar 'ctab (vla-get-name lay) )
(alert (strcat "Tab has changed to " (vla-get-name lay)))
)

@pateksan:

Quick Select is indeed restricted to the current space. This perfectly logical as the same applies to editing commands.