Drawing a Wall and Foundation Detail in AutoCAD ARCHITECTURE ?

miroslav_s

Hello,

hope someone here can help me with the problem that I am facing this days. I want to draw wall foundation in ACA. Now in standard Autocad I use lines, polylines, hatch to do that but in ACA I don't see the command option for drawing wall foundation. This is what I want to accomplish http://prntscr.com/is92pb

1. How do I draw this in ACA so that is shown later in section for example?

2. Do I use wall and slab command as shown here http://prntscr.com/is93hy ?

3. If YES then I guess I need to set the right ELEVATION in LEVELS in PROJECT NAVIGATOR in ACA, right?

4. How do I edit ground floor slab to look like this http://prntscr.com/is9665

I would like to thank you all in advance for helping me.

Best regards to you all.

Miro

You can do it with a custom wall style.

I've not got time to talk it through in detail, but have a look through the ACA forum here or at The Swamp - I know I've gone through the step-by-step process of creating wall footings.

I haven't tried doing a slab-end like that, but investigate body modifiers and slab-edge profiles.

dJE

You can do it with a custom wall style.

I've not got time to talk it through in detail, but have a look through the ACA forum here or at The Swamp - I know I've gone through the step-by-step process of creating wall footings.

I haven't tried doing a slab-end like that, but investigate body modifiers and slab-edge profilesdJE

Hi,

thank you for answering. I will check the ACA forum to find my answer.

What did you mean with The Swamp. didn't understand that part.

Thanks,

Miro

Hi danellis,

thanks again for answering. I am not lazy I really did went through all the sides in ACA forum in search for my answer to my question from above but just could not find it. When you have the time can you please just send me the link where I can find it in the ACA forum.

I searched the google to find the other forum you talked about and YES I did find it so I will try to find it there.

Best regards to you and thanks again.

Miro

Took some hunting, but I found the post of mine I was referring to:

Add the plinth by creating a new wall style.

Set the wall to a style that's closest to what you want, then select the wall right click. An options bar will appear towards the bottom of this will be something like "create new style and assign." A new dialogue box will appear. Give your style a better name on the"general" tab and add a new component in the "components" tab. This new component needs to be essentially the same as the existing one, but something like 25-50mm thick, topping off at 450mm above the base.

If you're got steps leading up to your front doors (TBH I'd probably just do these as 3D Solids/Mass Elements) you need to extend your walls downwards. Do this by seelcting your walls, right clicking, and choosing modify floor/roof line" followed by "modify floor line." You want an offset of of however deep your steps are (i.e. -300).

If you don't want to make your own furniture (you mentioned not having a bed or dining table), have a ganders in here (CADTutor)there's a number of threads dealing with places people can find 3D blocks to use.

dJE

If you want to end up with image #1 you will need to use the Detail Components manager. See below...

Screenshot_1.jpg

Thank you f700 !

Took some hunting, but I found the post of mine I was referring to:

Add the plinth by creating a new wall style.

Set the wall to a style that's closest to what you want, then select the wall right click. An options bar will appear towards the bottom of this will be something like "create new style and assign." A new dialogue box will appear. Give your style a better name on the"general" tab and add a new component in the "components" tab. This new component needs to be essentially the same as the existing one, but something like 25-50mm thick, topping off at 450mm above the base.

If you're got steps leading up to your front doors (TBH I'd probably just do these as 3D Solids/Mass Elements) you need to extend your walls downwards. Do this by seelcting your walls, right clicking, and choosing modify floor/roof line" followed by "modify floor line." You want an offset of of however deep your steps are (i.e. -300).

If you don't want to make your own furniture (you mentioned not having a bed or dining table), have a ganders in here (CADTutor)there's a number of threads dealing with places people can find 3D blocks to use.

dJE

YES!!!! THANK YOU danellis . This helped. I followed your tutorial and did it. Thank you.

Best regards to you.

Miro