Cannot Create Wall

nicolas

Hi,

I am trying to learn Revit Structure 2015. I have been able to create a grid, insert and change concrete column to 150x150, insert 1200x1200x350 isolated pad footings. However impossible to add architectural walls. I have been able to create a generic 150 mm. wide wall. But I can't insert it in the drawing. Each time I have a Highlited wall overlap ... error. Attached you will see some screen shots.

Thanks.

Wall Creation Problem.jpg

Wall Creation Problem 2.jpg

It may be the Discipline. Structural walls should show up, which are different than an architectural wall. Try to mix these up. Try a structural wall instead, or change the View Discipline by creating a new view.

I'm not the most knowledgeable in Arch or Strc side of Revit so my guess is a shot in the dark.

• 6 months later...

I was listening to a tutorial on creation of Structural and Architectural walls and a key point was that architectural walls do not show up on Structural views, Your screenshot appears to show you were in such a view when trying to draw the wall(s), and if the generic wall you described was architectural, then it would not show. This could be the cause of the error. Try drawing the wall in an architectural view instead, (if you have one set up).