• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cadflyer48

• ReMark

• BIGAL

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are still missing a real big step by the looks of things, see other post about creating a title block.

Have you drawn a rectang at a scale of 1:1 17X11 then put a mview inside it, that is the secret to making it all work, if you have just started with what ever Autocad gave it is probably why none of the scale stuff makes any sense.

I looked at your dwg and the outside is totally the wrong size if you want to use 17x11 I have made a 17x11 box then a mview inside and reset the view to a correct scale to reflect the 3.7 dimension. Then I right clicked on the mview border and locked it, so I do not accidently rescale. Plotting at 1:1 should now work.

TEST%20DWG[1].dwg

You are still missing a real big step by the looks of things, see other post about creating a title block.

Have you drawn a rectang at a scale of 1:1 17X11 then put a mview inside it, that is the secret to making it all work, if you have just started with what ever Autocad gave it is probably why none of the scale stuff makes any sense.

I looked at your dwg and the outside is totally the wrong size if you want to use 17x11 I have made a 17x11 box then a mview inside and reset the view to a correct scale to reflect the 3.7 dimension. Then I right clicked on the mview border and locked it, so I do not accidently rescale. Plotting at 1:1 should now work.

BIGAL, I just opened the drawing in ProSteel, and the viewport was unlocked?

Thanks for checking I think I locked it after thinking about it and did not repost.

Bottom line though is please Cadflyer48 have a look at some of the tutorials here and what I posted anyway once you get used to using layouts you will not look back.

Will post a 17x11 with multiple views of your projects watch this space and I work in metric so any one else step in. Annotative text is next.

TEST DWG[1].dwg

TEST DWG[1] Layout1 (1).pdf

BIGAL: Introducing annotative scaling at this point would just push the OP over the edge. I'd suggest holding off until he is comfortable with creating viewports, applying the appropriate scale (based on what is being shown), locking the viewport display, arranging them in an 11x17 format, and incorporating all of this within his title block and border (yet to come?).

Edited by ReMark

As a matter of fact I am using extents. What should I be using?

You should be using whatever is required by your employer, or makes you comfortable.

One of your earlier responses gave me pause to remember them and wonder if they might be messing you up.

Yes, I did "bother" to look at the link! I am not going to argue with anyone about MS vs PS, my age or my years of experience. However, since you brought it up, I am quite sure I got many more years experience with Autocad than most on here including you! Thanks for the help but I dont need attitudes.

I am not sure what I am feeling that is not setup right about the dwg. No matter what I do, when I switch to PS there are various portions of the drawing being cutoff.

I was not trying to pick an argument with you and any time you would like to match credentials just start right in. I'm pretty sure I could go toe to toe with you no problem. Now, do you want to learn how to use paper space layouts effectively or not? Our company makes extensive use of them for fabrication drawings. I'm willing to put in the effort to help if you are willing to listen. Your choice.

BTW...we do not use annotative scaling for text and dimensions. Both entities are placed in the layout so as to avoid cluttering up model space and there is the added advantage of having only one system variable to deal with. However, the decision as to where text and dimensions should be placed is solely up to the user. There is no right or wrong way there is just a different way.

I am quite sure I got many more years experience with Autocad than most on here including you!

Most of the regular members here have been using Auotcad for at least 20 years. I have been using it since 1988, so yeah, 30 years. But having said that, I still learn new things all the time, even from people with a lot less experience, so just because someone hasn't been around as long as you, that doesn't mean they don't have anything meaningful to show you. Paper space is not a difficult thing to learn, but like anything else, it does have a learning curve, so you will need to study that tutorial I linked you to and practice. And when you have questions, just ask. We are all here to help.