line thickness problems

Hi,

I have converted a pdf to .dwg via Zamzar so I can work on it. Most of the lines are now very thick. I have measured these as being 17.5mm in model space. This makes it quite difficult to work with. I have changed lineweight but it doesn't help. I have highlighted all, properties, thickness, changed to 1, but it doesn't change anything.

Is there any way of changing all these back to their original lineweights or do just have to get on with it?

Many thanks.

Try setting your thickness to 0 rather than to one.

Also make sure that your Line weight display is turned off (sorry, I can't remember the actual command for that, but it might be LWD).

dJE

Try setting your thickness to 0 rather than to one.

Also make sure that your Line weight display is turned off (sorry, I can't remember the actual command for that, but it might be LWD).

dJE

Thanks, tried it and no joy. In properties the lines are showing as being 456mm thk, which of course they're not. Do you mean the LWT tab at the bottom of the screen? It seems to make no difference on or off.

Thanks BigAl. I hav eno idea how to post a sample dwg! I have now used a different convertor and it is much better although not perfect. I was only allowed to upload one pdf for conversion on the free trial, so now have existing with wide lines, and proposed with usable. I can at least work with it though.

Cheers.

Drawings and images can be attached to posts here at CADTutor simply by first clicking on the Go Advanced button in the lower right hand corner. The rest is pretty simple and straightforward.