Autodesk Advance Steel Tutorial/Video required

searching Fox

Good day

Will someone please help.

Could you propose a tutorial or video that demonstrates how to design a simple lattice structure from scratch (not import) - in Autodesk Advance Steel (any edition but later preferred)?

I am currently proposing to my superior that our division acquire Autodesk Advance Steel instead using Autodesk Inventor as a more suitable alternative - for the purpose of detailing lattice structures that will support electrical substation equipment.

However, I need to convince them that this is a suitable product (or not), for which I need help in drawing a prototype structure using a 30-day trial.

All of the tutorials I could find only show how to design building/warehouse structures - but no small/medium lattice supports (examples attached).

Those tutorials are unsuitable - the upright columns are shown using I-beams instead of angles, the connections are way too complex showing gussets instead of simple bolt connections, and I cannot find info on how one would go about constraining to a three-dimensional (not 2D) grid.

My requirements for Autodesk Advance Steel:

- steel lattice design (e.g. electrical substation support, isolator support, transformer support)

- simple connection (e.g. angle to angle bolted connection)

- 3D grid (or skeleton) constrained design (i.e. overall dimensions can drive design)

- arrayed braces (if possible).

Hyde_Substation.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

• 4 years later...

Hi 

Did you get any information about, I am recently trying to do the same for substations structures, but I can't  found any videos or information about it. 

2 hours ago, Janeth said:

Hi 

Did you get any information about, I am recently trying to do the same for substations structures, but I can't  found any videos or information about it. 

I might point out there were only two posts from searching Fox the last being April 2018.  That's the last time we heard from him.  I very much doubt that 4 years later you will receive a reply to your question.  You might try posting your question over at the AutoDesk AutoCAD Forum or one of its subforums.

There was a post about drawing lattice structures it may be like 4 years old, it was using lisp. The most difficult part to find will be using correct terms maybe look at "radio towers autocad lisp".

You owe me a beer for this a start

www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/68856-tower-profile-using-lisp/

I am sure there will be other solutions out there, the poster stopped responding when a fee was mentioned.

Pretty cool images Australian Radio Towers - Manufacture & Installation | ART Group

Edited by BIGAL