How to display angles and line lengths in autocad

nils

Hi,

I cannot find the command that makes the program display the length and angles of the lines in relation to eachother.

I am doing a 2 dimensional masterplan with 70 houseplots and I need to be able to see that the boundrylengths and angles are correct.. If anyone knows about this the info would be much appreciated

Thanks

N

Not sure your question, but...

LIST will give you the length and angle of a line

PROPERTIES will also

..but doesn't give data "in relation to one another", it gives angles in relation to the datum defined in the UNITS settings. Usually 0 degrees is a oriented to the right, positive x direction.

Thanks for the response.

I was not clear before though..

I know how to check the lengths angles etc in the Cad program. But i want the program to post those angles/lengths on the screen so that when I look at the screen, or print the paper, I can see how long all the house borders are, how wide the roads are etc.

That is : I want the program to "show" the length etc on screen and on print for all lines.

thanks

N

Dimensioning?

I should add that I have a spanish version of autocad.. I speak the language somewhat but the specific words might be different..

If you could send something like: under "tools" menu there is xxx - inside there you choose xxx it would be great

That works, thanks.

Downside is that I will have to redraw all lines (exchange them for the other type of line that tells the length)

Is there no way to make the length show in the "normal lines" rather than drawing the new type of lines over the old ones?

(I am hoping for something like right click on xxx and show xxx properties)?

Thanks for continuing help by the way, very appreciated

You said that you wanted to leave the lengths and angles on the drawing, not just to inspect them in AutoCAD, and Dimension does just that.

After you have drawn the dimension, you can always explode the dimension which will leave you with the length and angle as text, but you will have to clean up all the leaders and extension lines, etc.

• 1 year later...
How do I start a new thread

Go to the most relevant section of the Forum, in this case AutoLISP, VBA, the CUI & Customisation and click on the New Thread button.

NewThread.jpg

Considering the original thread title How to display angles and line lengths in autocad, yours is a peculiar reply.

Try starting a new thread in the appropriate section, and you will get a sensible answer.

I think what happens is people run a google or something and end up on a thread, hit reply, register to reply, and don't realize they're on a forum with thousands of threads and members.

For length you could use Field. Type Field, find object in the left column, in the center column find the Pick box, select that, select a line, in the right column pick the format, finally place the field on the line, rotate it as needed.

This will work for angles, but won't show the angle between two lines.

• 8 years later...

Try dimang on my CAD 2017 version I typed it in and it gave me DIMANG(DIMANGULAR) worked for me was trying to display angle on some floor plans I am working on.

Try dimang on my CAD 2017 version I typed it in and it gave me DIMANG(DIMANGULAR) worked for me was trying to display angle on some floor plans I am working on.

First. The OP was looking for the DIMENSION command.

Second. You have resurrected a nine year old thread.