AUTOCAD XREFs ARE ATTACHING XREFS IN THAT DRAWING!

jesterminute

Hi,

When I add an xref, let's say floor plans, to my drawing the xref brings in the xrefs in that drawing to my new drawing. I do not want this; nobody wants this. I want to just bring in the floor plans, not the drawings that I attached to the plans.

So how do I just bring in just the actual drawing? I hope that makes sense. Hard to explain because there are drawings within drawings.

It is driving me insane.

Each drawing should be an Xref, in its own right.

Are the attached items you don't want to bring in Xrefs or blocks?

Any drawing which you XREF into another drawing brings everything with it, that is how it is meant to work.

I suggest you Google and watch a video or two about Xrefs.

I have moved your thread to the AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output Forum.

In the drawing you want to xref into your drawing, change the xref type of those other xrefs in that drawing to OVERLAY I believe is how you do that, been a while since I have messed around with unnecessary nested xrefs.

As mentioned by Dadgad, look up all the related information on xrefs, a lot out there.

The only way around may be to change the tree structure looking at rkmcswain example un xref B C from A then you can xref say only A & B. Like wise though create dwg D which is xref A B C if required.

You have a drawing that has Xref let us say X, you want to make X an Xref to another drawing let us say Y, after you want to attach X to Y without attaching the other Xref to Y, well i guess you can't do so, unless someone solved your problem please share it with us

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

When Xref a file onto the current file shows differents in elevation;but the value of elevation shows “0” for both current file elements & xref. both files BASE(0,0,0) & Units are same.

Pls any one know how to solve it?

Look into the ATTACH and OVERLAY button when attaching XREFS.

@ LUKASKUPASZ: The XREF is located at 0,0,0, so the content will be on the right elevation.

If you move the elevation off the XREF, it'll add up to the actual elevations in the DWG..