Internal Server Error

dlanorh

Well, the bottom line on this is that our lovely forum software has reached end of life. I've been supporting it as legacy software for a while now with various patches but the way it works is not effectively supported on modern servers and it's requiring a disproportionate level of resource just to keep it running. It looks as though we are going to have to move to a new platform. It's such an enormous task that I've been putting it off for a long time but now it looks like there's no choice. I'll start planning for this and keep everyone informed.

In the meantime, keep reporting any errors as I can always temporarily increase RAM to keep things running smoothly until the new platform is in place.

Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADTutor

• SLW210

• dlanorh

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the bottom line on this is that our lovely forum software has reached end of life.

:ouch: :cry: RIP :beer:

Thanks for the feedback on this. I can see from the server stats that although errors are now less frequent than before, they are still occurring. Once again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Any idea what the cause is? just happened again here.

EDIT, just read back a few posts, sounds like a big job.

Still going good here, not once. I could hardly use the site a few days ago, I was getting it on nearly every click.

Apologies for the ongoing server problems. I am trying to get to the bottom of this. We've just made some configuration changes and am waiting to see if that has the desired effect.

Also, while this is ongoing, it is sometimes difficult to get moderated posts approved in a timely manner, so please be patient.

So far so good for me this morning.

In an attempt to isolate the problem, I'm going to temporarily close the forum later today. The forum is likely to be unavailable for a couple of hours while we see how the server responds.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if related, I got a "Description: Connection reset by peer" and a "Description: Server Hangup " a few times just now. Seems only here at CADTutor, but could be on my end.