Sheets

CADLee

I have not been on here in a while. I recently started working with a Architect and helping him with AutoCAD. I help him with some jobs and drawings here and there.

Here is my problem. Have a floorplan that needs about 15 sheets. Floorplan, plumbing, electrical and etc. But I dont want the say the dimensions showing in all the sheets, or electrical layers in all the sheets.

I know that I can copy and paste the floorplan a number of times, then delete what layer I dont want in that sheet. But won't that make the file bigger?

Is there a way, just to have one floorplan in model space, then still be able to edit the layers on each sheet?

Seems like there should be a way.

Thank you.

Yes, you can freeze layers inside the viewports. Just activate the viewport, then open the layer manager, then click the Freeze Layer in Viewport column. You can do one, many, or all layers in any one viewport.

Thank you Dana. I knew there was a way, but I just couldn't remember it. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU again.

Or you can use the LAYFRZ command. Activate the viewport, initiate the command and then click on objects to freeze their layer. Just another way to do the same thing.

If you have the layers toolbar on you have a freeze icon, if your in model it freezes the layer in all viewports as well, using the icon in a viewport only freezes the layer in that viewport, which is the same as typing LAYFRZ. We normally have around 3 text layers for the situation your talking about.

We normally have around 3 text layers for the situation your talking about.

That's why I like using LAYFRZ rather than opening the layers manager and scrolling through all the layers in all the xrefs trying to find the layers I wanted to freeze. It's easier to just see the layer in my viewport, click on it and then poof, it's gone. :D

That's why I like using LAYFRZ rather than opening the layers manager and scrolling through all the layers in all the xrefs trying to find the layers I wanted to freeze. It's easier to just see the layer in my viewport, click on it and then poof, it's gone. :D

I am also a big fan of LAYFRZ. :beer:

As well as LAYISO.

Lots of good functionality on the LAYERS 2 toolbar.

LAYWALK is also really a good tool.