Annotative Scale Change LSP

ryankevin15

Hello,

I have this very helpful LSP that will add the current annotative scale and delete all other scales for any type of annotative object.

Is it possible to modify this LSP so that all objects in the workspace can be selected and this same function can be run instad of doing each object one at a time?

CH-ASC.LSP

Attached is revised lisp. I think this is what you want, and that the logic is OK.

The SelectionSet selection was set to single object, not on a locked layer, it now selects everything in modelspace including objects on locked layers, and then loops through every object. Alternatively i could return it to omit locked layers and let you select everything via crossing or window. I would test it first on a copy of a drawing

Is it possible to modify this LSP so that all objects in the workspace can be selected and this same function can be run instad of doing each object one at a time?

It doesn't seem to do anything different as before. Thanks for trying though.

You asked for it to iterate all the objects in the workspace at once instead of by single selection. It does that without asking you to select anything. Why would it do anything different? Does it iterate all the objects in the workspace? Is there something it isn't doing that it should?

V2 doesn't seem to be working at all actually. I have to run the original command on all annotative objects instead of one command on all annotative objects.

V2 seems to be wanting to try to mess with dim styles or something and it lost the original functionality.

Edited by ryankevin15

You asked for it to iterate all the objects in the workspace at once instead of by single selection. It does that without asking you to select anything. Why would it do anything different? Does it iterate all the objects in the workspace? Is there something it isn't doing that it should?

Tried it again this morning. The updated LSP simply does not work at all for me.

Tried it again this morning. The updated LSP simply does not work at all for me.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, i've been without an internet connection for a couple of days.

I've managed to find a test drawing and yes, V2 was broken, i wasn't resetting a variable whilst looping causing a condition to always be true. :facepalm:

Please find attached V3. Again please test on a copy of a drawing.

I have discovered an exception which the original lisp will not handle. It will not work on blocks where the attribute within the block is annotative but the block itself isn't. I don't know if this situation would occur, but i think you need to be aware of it.

CH-ASC-v3.LSP

Edited by dlanorh
exception discovered

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, i've been without an internet connection for a couple of days.

I've managed to find a test drawing and yes, V2 was broken, i wasn't resetting a variable whilst looping causing a condition to always be true. :facepalm:

Please find attached V3. Again please test on a copy of a drawing.

I have discovered an exception which the original lisp will not handle. It will not work on blocks where the attribute within the block is annotative but the block itself isn't. I don't know if this situation would occur, but i think you need to be aware of it.

No worries about the delay. This works perfectly. Thank you for doing this.