Drawing Recovery Manager crashing - how do I clear the list?

HFBandit

Sorry if this is under the wrong page...

I'm running LT 2018 and I've had a couple of files that have just been too much for my PC to handle. Because of this, I've crashed out of CAD. Now, when I open CAD back up, I get the drawing recovery manager come up with these files on it. I want to remove the files, but when I try and do this (right click>remove), it just freezes CAD all over again.

Is there a way to clear the DRM list without removing the files individually? Some of them I can't even check the properties to see where the files are so I can delete them. (Some are quite old as I haven't had to use DRM between then and now).

TIA

With AutoCAD LT not running, open Windows REGEDIT and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\Rxx.x\ACAD-xxxx:xxx\Profiles\**your profile name**\Drawing Recovery

(items in blue may vary)

Then look in the subfolder named "Unresolved", you should find the file names of these files. I deleted all entries in this folder and fired up AutoCAD and the DrawingRecovery list is empty.

Check C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Local\Temp

I have a shortcut to this folder on my desktop, but the files weren't in there.

...HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\Rxx.x\ACAD-xxxx:xxx\Profiles\**your profile name**\Drawing Recovery...

Issue resolved itself - I think I just needed some patience. Out of interest I tried your suggestion and the files were still actually in the unresolved issues folder, despite not appearing in the DRM any more, which was interesting.

I have a shortcut to this folder on my desktop, but the files weren't in there.

Deleting a file from %temp% will remove it from the Drawing Recovery Palette, but that path by default will only contain autosave (.sv$) files, not .DWG or .BAK files.