Error in opening the stl file!

hamidciv

Hi Dear members

I've got a strange problem when I'm going to import a *.STL file as follows:

attachment.php?attachmentid=63890&cid=1&stc=1

I would greatly appreciate it if you kindly tell me how to solve this problem.

kind regards,

hamid

Can you tell us what the problem is? What error message are you receiving?

Dear Cad64, thank you for your attention!

i've got the following message:

"can not find the specified drawing file. please verify that the file exists". it also should be noted, when I confirm the mentioned message nothing happens.

best regards,

hamid

How are you attempting to open the STL file? I thought Autocad could import STL files, but it appears that it cannot.

Take a look here for some options: http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/importing-stl-files-directly-into-autocad-tip11311

thanks for your response, but unfortunately my problem was not solved. I try to open it either by double-clicking or running by the IMPORT command.

I've generated the STL file from one of the CFD softwares. I've tried to do the mentioned tips in the link, I've selected the desired STL file. after that, the answer I receive is that "0 points processed".

best regards,

hamid

You can't open or import stl files into Autocad, so double clicking the file or running the Import command will not work.

Can you provide the stl file? I can try opening it in one of my other programs and see if there is a problem.

You can't open or import STL files into Autocad, so double-clicking the file or running the Import command will not work.

Can you provide the STL file? I can try opening it in one of my other programs and see if there is a problem.

sure, I've attached the desired STL file in the following link. also, I've created the simple geometry by Autocad to see what happens, but it doesn't work as before.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1prHAbuGh7WPQ3qC83f6gK_G7SivsiCFX/view

with the best wishes

hamid

I imported your stl file into 3D Studio Max, and it imports with no problem, but it seems like the object may have some issues? Not sure if it's supposed to have that jagged edge? Anyway, I exported a .dwg file. See attached.

Testing.DWG

I imported your stl file into 3D Studio Max, and it imports with no problem, but it seems like the object may have some issues? Not sure if it's supposed to have that jagged edge? Anyway, I exported a .dwg file. See attached.

yes, you're correct. it has been composed of jagged edges. I don't think that's a problem because I can't even open simple geometries. I really don't know where is the problem. have you succeeded to import the desired file into AutoCAD?

Could you please tell me what you think about this issue.

Many thanks

hamid

Like I said before, you can't open or import stl files in Autocad. You need to use a different program to import the stl file and then export out a dwg or a dxf file.

I just tried this free online conversion tool and it worked. I was able to upload the stl file and convert it to dxf format: http://www.cadforum.cz/catalog_en/stl2dwg.asp

Edited by Cad64

Hi Dear Cad64, Thank you very much for introducing the useful conversion tool. that was exactly what I need.

with the best wishes,

hamid