Linetype wont show on specific system

samifox

hi

someone in my office use acad 2015,

it happens that in his pc a specific linetype wont show, but in different pc it will.

it seems like his acad miss to read the linetype.lni.

any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

Shay

Linetypes are stored in the .DWG file. You do not need a .LIN file to display the linetypes.

Is this a complex linetype (one with text or shapes)?

If so, then it is probably because of a missing or substituted font (for the textstyle used by the linetype), or a missing shape file.

Review the command line history right after opening the .DWG file on this PC where it does not appear right.

That is a complex linetype that requires a shape file (ltypeshp.shx).

Here is how it looks when the shape file is found, and when it's not found.

9ndYw1P.png

Go to each PC, and at the command line, type in or paste this (findfile "ltypeshp.shx") - see what the "good" PC returns and see what the "bad" PC returns..../

hi the problem is in my co-worker computer.

in my system its look right.

what should i do in his system?

I think that the two systems have loaded different versions of the linetype TRACKS.

The drawing you posted, although being drawn for metric units, used an imperial template and has the linetype TRACKS loaded from the file acad.lin.

Your co-worker, probably used the correct metric template, and thus has the linetype loaded from the file acadiso.lin.

You could get your co-worker to re-load the linetype TRACKS from the file acad.lin and all should be good (hopefully).

hi the problem is in my co-worker computer.

in my system its look right.

what should i do in his system?

Did you read the last sentence in POST #4?

I think that the two systems have loaded different versions of the linetype TRACKS.

The drawing you posted, although being drawn for metric units, used an imperial template and has the linetype TRACKS loaded from the file acad.lin.

Your co-worker, probably used the correct metric template, and thus has the linetype loaded from the file acadiso.lin.

You could get your co-worker to re-load the linetype TRACKS from the file acad.lin and all should be good (hopefully).

Based on my interpretation of POST #3, it is not two different drawings, but the same drawing opened on two different PCs.

If that is correct, then forget all about .LIN files. Linetypes are stored in the .DWG file! AutoCAD does not look for or read a .LIN file when opening a drawing.

This problem is almost certainly because the co-worker's PC cannot find the appropriate shape file.

Based on my interpretation of POST #3, it is not two different drawings, but the same drawing opened on two different PCs.

If that is correct, then forget all about .LIN files. Linetypes are stored in the .DWG file! AutoCAD does not look for or read a .LIN file when opening a drawing.

This problem is almost certainly because the co-worker's PC cannot find the appropriate shape file.

I did ponder that concept for a while. But as the linetype in question is a standard AutoCAD one, then if the shape file is unavailable, then the version of AutoCAD might be dodgy or not installed correctly. Perhaps the co-worker should also try the FenceLine1, FenceLine2, Batting and Zigzag linetypes to see if the shape file is missing. Isn't there a message if any shape file is unavailable? The OP did not answer your query about that.

Even though unlikely, a change in Linetype scale factor also gives the same effect.