define block with autolisp

svorgodne

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to get with autolisp while running a block command, to get all possibilities that the normal block command has?

When running the block command thru autlisp it only gives me two or three possibilities and not the one I need, which is the "convert to block", meaning make a block from selected objects and convert them immediately to a block.

Thanks in advance

block window.JPG

Hi,

Just erase and insert the same block once again in the same location.

That's precisely, exactly what I want to avoid, because then the handles are changing and the block I try to make is only temporary, so if there are some attributes linked to some entities, like areas or so, then the link is lost because the polylines are new, so thanks a lot but that does not solve my problem.

.-)

@svorgodne:

Have you ever verified this behavior? To my knowledge 'convert to block' creates a block definition with new entities, this block then gets inserted and the original entities are erased. Exploding the insert will again create new entities.

Maybe you should look at creating a group instead?

@svorgodne:

Have you ever verified this behavior? To my knowledge 'convert to block' creates a block definition with new entities, this block then gets inserted and the original entities are erased. Exploding the insert will again create new entities.

Maybe you should look at creating a group instead?

Absolutely right Roy_043, didn't know that was happening. In any case, other parameters are missing when defining a block via autolisp. Hyperlink for example

Thanks a lot