Identify decimal separator via autolisp

svorgodne

Hello everyone,

I think there should be a system variable or am autolisp program to identify what are is the decimal separator. This is important for me because I am writing a lisp routine that exports data from autocad to an excel table.

Thanks in advance

S

Thanks lrm,

what I was meaning was if it was possible thru autolisp to know what is the Windows system configuration. For example in Excel in Austria, the CSV files should have a semicolon instead of a comma and I was wondering if it would be possible to know directly from Autocad thru autolisp.

thanks anyhow.

Cheers

S

Perhaps:
(vl-registry-read "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Control Panel\\International" "sList")

I set the decimal symbol to comma in my Windows 10 system. Opened Excel to test it out by entering =pi() in a cell and got a comma for the decimal symbol (3,14159...). I entered your registry function in AutoCAD and got ",". I then changed the Windows decimal symbol to a period, restarted the system, opened AutoCAD and gave your function again and still got a ",". I checked pi again in Excel and got 3.14159... verifying that the decimal symbol had been changed to period.

I think the function to use may be:

(vl-registry-read "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Control Panel\\International" "sDecimal")

I set the decimal symbol to comma in my Windows 10 system. Opened Excel to test it out by entering =pi() in a cell and got a comma for the decimal symbol (3,14159...). I entered your registry function in AutoCAD and got ",". I then changed the Windows decimal symbol to a period, restarted the system, opened AutoCAD and gave your function again and still got a ",". I checked pi again in Excel and got 3.14159... verifying that the decimal symbol had been changed to period.

I think the function to use may be:

(vl-registry-read "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Control Panel\\International" "sDecimal")

That's probably correct. I misread the question and interpreted as list separator.