Displaying/Printing Issues with TT Font + Viewport

Koko_NYC

Hi guys,

Long time SHX user struggling trying to convert to TT Font.

The very first and most evident issue I am facing is the fact that TT Fonts are being displayed (and consequently plotted) in different pen settings when using a viewport.

The printscreen below illustrates the issue: font sizes are proportional to the viewport scaling, by a factor of 48x (1/4" scale viewport). All MTEXT has a zero Z position. The printscreen shows (3) TT fonts on the top and (4) SHX at the bottom. TT fonts are not matching across the viewport/paperspace.

Any suggestion on what could be causing this?

This is valid on Autocad 2010 Full and Autocad 2017 Full.

Plotting also mimics the discrepancies found in the display.

Thanks in advance!

CAD Font Issue_1.jpg

There is always a Z setting or a rotated UCS when TTF fonts appear fuzzy: double-and triple check again, or post your DWG file here to confirm.

Dean,

I am having trouble finding out where/how to tackle this ""Z Position".

Could you please take a look at the file below and let me know whether find the issue?

Thank you in advance!

TT Issues_CadTutor.dwg

Anyone with feedback regarding this?

From reading more on the forum I believe TTF should work without these discrepancies but I can't find out what is causing my drawings to have these issues.

Thanks!

1. In the TARGET model is not equal to 0.

Enter the command _view, you will see that the value is not 0

2. The scale of the viewport is not equal to the scale of the paper space.

When comparing different scales, the text changes.

1. In the TARGET model is not equal to 0.

Enter the command _view, you will see that the value is not 0

2. The scale of the viewport is not equal to the scale of the paper space.

When comparing different scales, the text changes.

maratovich, your reply is not clear, at least to me.

1. What is the IT that is not equal to 0? It seems like your sentence is missing the subject. I do not understand what you are trying to say or what should be set to what.

2. Font in model space is 48x larger than font in paperspace and the viewport is set to 1/4", a 48 factor. The font proportions are fine, that can't be the issue as the SHX fonts match perfectly as they should.

Thanks for the reply and awaiting clarifications.

Koko

sample.dwgYour posted file is corrupt: also, if you want to write text in paperspace and want it to be the correct height to match your viewport (any viewport set to any actual scale), you need to explore using Annotative Text Styles.

See attached WBLOCK of your file inserted into a new blank file.

Not "IT", it's called TARGET

I will say simply - your file is corrupted.

Copy texts to a new file. Check - no problem.

See my example.

maratovich,

You are correct, once I created a blank new file the issue went away. Not sure if I should try to understand what happened or just move on. I suspect this was related to the fact that I've been using the same CAD Template since AutoCAD 2007.

In any case, thank you very much.

also, if you want to write text in paperspace and want it to be the correct height to match your viewport (any viewport set to any actual scale), you need to explore using Annotative Text Styles.

Dean,

When my CAD template file is working fine and not corrupted, I am able to manage the text sizes across PS/MS without any issues. My drawings are very simple, usually I draw in one scale in MS and that makes easy to control text sizes across PS. Honestly was never an issue so I've been hearing about Annotative for a while but was never pressed to jump on this wagon.

I would like to explore Annotative Text Styles and see if it would help at all with my work flow, but right now I need to figure out how to make TTF work all around, which I am still struggling with:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?104416-TTF-Font-not-matching-Plot-Style

• 9 months later...

Okay, I need to revive this. Another drawing was looking fuzzy with the MS/PS fonts and when I went to check "TARGET", it read the following:

TARGET = -47'-10 41/64",36'-0 53/256",-0'-6 121/128" (read only)

I don't fully understand this command or what is causing these problems. Could someone help me with the following questions:

- what exactly is TARGET and what is it telling me?

- if I copy any linework from a drawing with a messed up TARGET, will this affect my current drawing, which has a TARGET=0?

- What else could cause TARGET to go off?

- Is TARGET related to 3D Drawings? If I know my drawings are purely 2D drawings (MEP work) could I turn this off, as to avoid these errors?

Anything else on this would be welcome. 

Thanks in advance!