No Autocad

steven-g

Looks like Autodesk have made a booboo again. Nobody at work can access there autodesk products due to licence issues.

What version of AutoCAD are we talking about? Are these versions under subscription or under a maintenance agreement?

It was suggested to me that the license was checked every two weeks I would have thought that there was some redundency in there for Autodesk server down.

But in saying that one of the biggest banks here in AUS went down for hours, have a look in your pocket do you have any cash ?

True story the flashy pay by phone app guy bought petrol then went to pay with his phone, not hard to work out what happened next.

I will find the photo of the metres of fibre optic wrapped around a hole borer for power poles.

Back to Steven-g was there any internet problems up stream of your office ? The provider will probably not tell you.

It's still under investigation apparently only a problem with 2018/2019LT but I got kicked of the program this morning using full 2018, it's working again now though (full not LT, we just had an update from IT). I have no idea what the agreement type is.

Sounds more like an internal problem than an AutoDesk problem to me. IT probably did something wonky and would never voluntarily admit to it. Pass-the-buck syndrome.

I realize this may not have been an Autodesk issue this time, but presuming there is an Autodesk issue that prevents the app from validating a license at startup, I don't see why they don't adopt the Bentley scheme where you let the application run, until the problem is fixed.

The Bentley scheme in general is designed to incur overage fees which benefit Bentley, but I'm not talking about this part.

I'm just saying that internally, the Autodesk app could run, and if the online check in (or whatever you want to call it) is N/A - go ahead and let the app run for a few hours and check again.

Once the Autodesk issue is resolved, then proceed as normal. There is just no reason to restrict customer access from an app, when the outage is an Autodesk problem.

Anything is possible but the last communication we had said that it was due to an update in the Autodesk software and that Autodesk had at one point escalated the issue to give it a priority, all in all about 5 hours downtime for LT users. It may not have been widespread but I believe we use network licenses.

Ours quit working just last week too. It kept telling us our license had expired. It was a different issue here. The boss had a brain f*rt.

Cause factors...

3 seats AutoCad 2016 LT Leased on autopay.

Almost a year ago, the employee authorized on the company credit card that pays the account resigned.

The boss canceled that card.

three weeks ago we received a notice that our account would be hit for another year's worth of lease.

The Boss ignored it, forgetting he had canceled that card.

Thursday after lunch, my AutoCad was dead. A few minutes later, the other two seats were dead too. Nobody could get it to work after lunch.

The Boss was on a "retreat" last week.

We had to start over with 2019 since 2016 is no longer available and our original lease was closed.

Cost - Three draftsmen getting paid for 1 1/2 days for doing nothing harder than renting and installing AutoCad 2019. Plus, our old lease was purchased on a 2 for 1 sale. then a few months later, we added a third seat, but the first two continued at the sale price forever, which turned out to be only two years because of the boss. Now the two seats are costing us almost twice as much as the three prior seats.

I must say, the 2019 program is much better than 2016.