How do I organize my project browser?

Siberian

As part of creating a good template I've started looking into setting up my project browser to fit my needs. I've got a few questions regarding what is necessary and what is not. I deal with pipes/ducts and in my case this dicipline is divided further into five sub-diciplines. So how should I set up my browser?

Often it is not known at the project start if some or maybe all the sub-diciplines can be displayed on the same sheet without looking cluttered. Is it a good idea to create separate plan views for each sub-dicipline, or is that unnecessary? If I do - and I then find that I want to display them all or some on the same sheet - can I combine which sub-diciplines to put on a sheet?

Right click on Views in the Project Browser to re-organize it however you wish. It'll take a little reviewing and tinkering for you to grasp but it's fairly simple - just create Parameters or use pre-existing Parameters and group/sort them however you wish.

Personally, I keep it simple. Sub-disciplines is a bit much unless it is a vast project with many parts to the design.

edit_pb.png

-TZ