TTF Font not matching Plot Style

Koko_NYC

Okay, the battle continues with TTF.

For some reason the MTEXT is not picking up the Plot Style (Color Dependent) and the plotting thickness is not matching the leader line.

I am not sure if this is a MTEXT setting issue or plotting setting/plotting style issue.

I am attaching below the printscreen showing the colors of the layers and then a print preview, showing how the TTF text is not matching the leader line, which is on the same color.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

CAD TTF Issue_2.jpg

CAD TTF Issue.jpg

TTF fonts ignore plot style table settings: always have, and will continue to do so. TTF are honest representation of the font, you cannot influence their thickness/lineweight easily beyond what the font designer put in there.

If you need bolder text, you need to either select a bolder TTF font or the "bold" option in your font of choice in STYLE command.

You need tto stop thinking about TTF fonts are SHX fonts. Hope that helps.

TTF fonts ignore plot style table settings: always have, and will continue to do so. TTF are honest representation of the font, you cannot influence their thickness/lineweight easily beyond what the font designer put in there.

If you need bolder text, you need to either select a bolder TTF font or the "bold" option in your font of choice in STYLE command.

TrueType Fonts ignore lineweight settings controlled in plot styles and/or the layer property manager.

I wasn't aware of that, that explains this behavior. Thank you for the clarification.

So it seems to me that I will need to adjust the color of the leader layer to match the TTF font printout thickness. Is there another way to make the TTF and leader to pair correctly on 2D drawings?

Thanks!

There is no way for autocad to know the letter thickness of a TTF font then try to match it in a leader line. Experiment and find a lineweight that works the way you want with your chosen TTF font in use and have that preset to use all the time (drag and drop from ToolPalettes for example).

Or go back to SHX: Autodesk hasn't killed them off and so far has not announced any plans to do so.