problem in getting the XY coordinates of a shape!

hamidciv

Hi to all,

I've exported my CFD result as a dxf file to display it in Autocad, I want to get the XY coordinates of bed changes(I mean the width of the cavity and the bump/dune downstream of the cavity) as can be seen in the attached file. unfortunately, my exported shape is not as a volume, but it is a 3D FACE. I've been trying to solve this problem over the past two weeks. but, i've had no luck to find a way to get xy coordinates.

I would be very much grateful if you could kindly advise me on this.

Best regards,

hamid

problem.zip

There is a couple of ways if you want one point you can use "Id" or in lisp getpoint.

You can make a selection set of "3dface" and get the co-ords of each face.

You can explode the whole lot and make it into lines. You can cut sections then using a lisp to work out intersecting lines from a line you draw.

Go to go right now will post later

Dear Bigal,thanks for your attention & response!

As you mentioned, I can do this by ID command or lisp programs, but my main problem is that the parts of my deformed geometry are not quite obvious so that It is not easy to recognize the boundary between the deformed part(i mean the boundaries of cavity & bump) and the smooth surface, while I exactly need to extract the coordinates between the two boundaries. clearly, i've been looking for having the width of cavity & bump in plan view. to clarify the issue, I've shown what I mean in the attached picture. about exploding the geometry, unfortunately, it does not work in this case.

I dont know if AutoCAD have a tool to detect the smooth surface of the deformed surface or if there is an autolisp program that can help me.

I'd so much grateful for your time and looking forward to hearing from you.

sincerely yours,

hamid

exp.jpg

Edited by hamidciv