Autocad 2018. Line slightly off axis despite saying "perpendicular"

I am using Autoacd 2018 for mac, and I have polar tracking on with angles at 45 or 90.

When I draw a line, I get this problem where it is slightly off by .15 degrees, despite it saying "perpendicular" (see attached image) I want it to automatically snap to 90 and not be off. Why is this happening?

IMG_2849.jpg

What is your SNAPANG variable set to? zero is the correct setting.

What is your UCS variable set to? WORLD is the correct setting for newbies for what appears to be a 2D drawing.

What is your PLAN variable set to? WORLD is the correct settings for newbies as well.

FYI newbies is not an insult, its just a quick description term used often.

Is it always off by exactly 0.15 degrees, or is it some small number that varies? In other words, is the error consistent?

• 1 month later...

The issue is that your vertical line is not completely vertical. If you look closely at just below the midpoint of your connection and the bottom of the picture provided you can see a slight jog in the vertical line.

Because you missed the Perpendicular snap point. The symbol is not telling you that the line is perpendicular, it is telling you where the perpendicular snap point is. Then you have to actually hit it.

Because you missed the Perpendicular snap point. The symbol is not telling you that the line is perpendicular, it is telling you where the perpendicular snap point is. Then you have to actually hit it.

I still don't see how anyone does or can draw with all that on-screen noise enabled.

I still don't see how anyone does or can draw with all that on-screen noise enabled.
After a while, it becomes normal, like listening :roll:to my wife. :lol:

One thing that helps me not miss snaps is object snap tracking, more noise. When the tracking vector lines start spinning like helicopter rotors, I know I have slid off the snap, so I back off and re-acquire the point. It's amazing how AutoCad will let you miss a snap by 0.0000000001. :P Actually, it's not AutoCad, the mouse moves under the weight of a button click occasionally, just enough to break the lock on the snap. (or maybe it's just an old man twitching.:(

If you use object snap overrides, instead of running object snap, AutoCAD will not let you miss the pick. :-0
I'll have to look into that. Not sure what it does.

Will it stop my 71 year old fingers from getting crampy and stiff in the A/C draft from the one hanging in my office window right over my head?:(

What I really need is something to make the two overweight boogers I work with, feel the cold like I do. They get all upset if they find the thing run up as high as 73 instead of their favorite 70.

o:) I dunno who done it.o:)