Placing a grill at the duct's open end

Siberian

I've got a piece of horizontal rectangular duct on a level. I would like to place a grill at the duct's opening, but I just can't accomplish this supposedly simple task. For whatever reason the grill only wants to stay at point 0 of the current level with the slats pointing straight down into the floor. If I try to attach it to the duct end it creates a duct run that concludes with the grill facing the floor. The "air terminal on duct" option is unchecked. I notice the properties of the grill has an "offset" option that says 0. Not sure what the intention of that is, but changing it didn't help me much. Any ideas?

This is a tough one to try and help you without seeing how you're doing it in action. You're experiencing, I think, what we all know as Revit's quirkiness.

One issue may be the Air Terminal Family itself. Is this a stock Revit Family, or is this something you searched online and downloaded? Stock Revit families do work as expected and are easier to handle.

I do know what you're experiencing but again, hard for me to try and help. Just keep working different processes. I do know that if the Air Terminal connector size and the rectangular duct size is the same dimensions it'll be easier. Make sure the Air Terminal connector is truly snapping to the duct. Things like that will help.

-TZ

I sort of figured it out. Here is what I was attempting. The only way I could make it snap correctly to the duct end was by orienting the grill first so that it faced the right direction before trying to attach it to the duct end. The grill's default direction is pointing down at whatever offset is set. In the second image you can see what the outcome is if I just try to snap it on directly.

Revit1.jpg

Revit2.jpg